Seeking Good Beer Server
Type: Job, Part Time
Organization: The Good Beer Company, Inc.
Location: Santa Ana, California
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter explaining why you are right for the job (may be included in the body of an email) and resume, including wage/salary history to email@example.com
The Good Beer Company is a small production craft brewery and tasting room in Santa Ana, California specializing in hoppy American-style and funky farmhouse-style ales. Good Beer is more than a craft brewery, with a mission to enhance Downtown Santa Ana. As a young brewery in a rapidly growing industry, this job may lead to additional future opportunities within The Good Beer Company. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Position will remain open until filled.
Do you enjoy interfacing with customers and discussing the intricacies of craft beer? Are you comfortable answering questions about the brewing and fermentation processes? Can you talk for hours about the latest release from Russian River or the next big nano-brewery? Do you flat out like beer – how about Good Beer?
You Will Be
- Maintaining a clean workspace and tasting room
- Managing the flow of glassware from bar to consumer and vice versa
- Communicating with consumers the idea behind Good Beer, the greater world of craft beer, and the beers on tap and in the pipeline
- Using your senses, sight, smell, taste and feel to assess and articulate facts about craft beer
- Operating a state-of-the-art point of sale system for opening, routine operations, and closing
- Managing the inventory of kegs in a cellar
Additional Skills & Desired Experience
- Must be willing and able to be on your feet for several hours
- Must be willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs and maneuver up to 175 lbs
- Must be willing and able to listen, understand and execute directions
- At least an Associates (2-Year) Degree
- At least one year food or bar service experience is preferred
- Home beer brewing or wine making experience is a plus
- Successful and intentional experience with wild yeast, bacteria and wood aging is a plus plus
- Must be 21-years or older